Time to Get Out the Vote!
Two months ago we invited the community to create its own unique designs to appear on Linux.com Store merchandise – – designs that would invoke feelings of geek pride, freedom, fun, eccentricity and originality.
Since then, we’ve received more than 100 submissions and today, after some grueling decision-making, we are announcing the T-shirt design contest finalists!
The 100+ designs we received proved that the best ideas come from the community. We also know that the community knows best, so we’re asking you to vote for the very best design. We have six finalists, not five as we originally said we would have. Like I said: it was hard to choose!
The community favorite will win a trip to Boston to attend LinuxCon as well as the fame and fortune garnered by having their design displayed on Linux.com Store merchandise worn around the globe.
We think the finalists represent a diverse selection of creative concepts that touch on geek pride, freedom, fun and originality. The top six finalists include:
* The Colors of Linux
* I Am Root
* The People’s Product
* Linux is Great
* There’s No Place Like /home
* Two Linux Penguins Sharing an Iceberg
See the designs and begin voting for your favorite(s) here: http://www.linux.com/tshirt-design-contest/.
Voting will close at midnight on June 6, 2010, after which we’ll tally the votes and announce the winner prior to LinuxCon.
Your vote will determine which design is available on merchandise in the Linux.com Store and for purchase at LinuxCon. So, get your personal and professional networks behind your favorite design(s) so yours doesn’t get pushed under the rug!
- Dent Introduces Industry’s First End-to-End Networking Stack Designed for the Modern Distributed Enterprise Edge and Powered by Linux - 12/17/2020
- Open Mainframe Project Welcomes New Project Tessia, HCL Technologies and Red Hat to its Ecosystem - 12/17/2020
- New Open Source Contributor Report from Linux Foundation and Harvard Identifies Motivations and Opportunities for Improving Software Security - 12/08/2020