The Linux Foundation Video Contest this year is different. For the first time, we’re running it mid-year and more importantly, it is one of the ways we’re celebrating the 20th Anniversary of Linux. Here are five more reasons to submit a video this year! Deadline is July 2, 2011.
1)Linus. Linux creator Linus Torvalds is choosing the ultimate winner this year. No one has a better sense of humor, or competitive streak, than Linus. Winning this year’s contest will get you some real community cred. Don’t be intimidated. No flames.
2)Planes, trains and automobiles. You get a free trip, people. And, you get to choose from four different destinations depending on which event you choose to attend as the winner: LA Film Festival (Los Angeles), SXSW (Austin, Texas), LinuxCon North America (Vancouver, B.C.) or LinuxCon Europe (Prague).
3) You’ll go down in history. This year’s winning video will become *the* 20th Anniversary of Linux video. It will be hosted here on the widely visited Linux.com website and The Linux Foundation’s YouTube Channel, as well as promoted to hundreds of thousands of people on The Linux Foundation’s social channels.
4) Get skillz. If the only thing you’ve ever shot is your kid eating applesauce but you had a great time doing it…winning this contest could open up a new outlet for your creativity or even get you noticed and open up a new career path.
5) Make a difference, inspire. Linux invokes passionate emotion from the people who use it and who are involved in its development. Linux is the largest collaborative development project in the history of computing. It set the expectation that software, hardware and much more could be built collectively. Your video could plant the seed for the next inspiration to come from Linux.
Don’t miss this opportunity. Check out the basic guidelines and submit a video today.
- Dent Introduces Industry’s First End-to-End Networking Stack Designed for the Modern Distributed Enterprise Edge and Powered by Linux - 12月 17, 2020
- Open Mainframe Project Welcomes New Project Tessia, HCL Technologies and Red Hat to its Ecosystem - 12月 17, 2020
- New Open Source Contributor Report from Linux Foundation and Harvard Identifies Motivations and Opportunities for Improving Software Security - 12月 8, 2020