What’s your Linux dream job? The Linux Foundation recently asked our Twitter followers to share their ideal Linux careers. Many responded that they’re already living the dream, working as sysadmins and developers (or by simply getting to use Linux in their everyday tasks.) While others imagine fulfilling careers not yet within their grasp. Here are 10 of our favorite responses, along with a few resources for learning more about each dream Linux career path.
Is there a Linux career you’d like to learn more about? Tell us in the comments. Or use #mylinuxjob on Twitter to tell us your thoughts, ask questions, or share pictures related to your job or workspace.
1. System Administrator
— Jesse (@jw_eleven) April 3, 2015
2. Researcher/ System architect
— Bob Stanley (@vmwareguyri) April 3, 2015
3. Linux Kernel Developer
— Jeshwanth Kumar NK (@imjeshwanth) April 3, 2015
4. Open source program manager
— Erek Göktürk (–eg) (@egokt) April 3, 2015
How Facebook’s Massive Open Source Push Delivers Better Code and Better Engineers, with program manager James Pearce
The Path to Open Source Success (Infographic from BlackDuck Software)
5. Open Source Evangelist
— Daniel Ruthardt (@DanielRuthardt) April 3, 2015
@linuxfoundation i allready have my dream job. I own a software company and we sell solutions that includes Linux as desktop and servers!
— Hugo Caldeira (@hugodcaldeira) April 3, 2015
7. Software developer
— Jure Repinc (@JRepin) April 3, 2015
— Ken Meyer (@FAQSMAN) March 7, 2015
— baltolkien (@baltolkien) April 3, 2015
9. Space explorer
.@linuxfoundation I already work in Linux, but I’d love to take it into the satellite industry and space research.
— Raj (@RealCainMosni) March 7, 2015
10. Android developer
— Dj Julian Juice (@GiulioBoccardo) March 7, 2015
Google Training for Android Developers (Resources from Google)
- Dent Introduces Industry’s First End-to-End Networking Stack Designed for the Modern Distributed Enterprise Edge and Powered by Linux - 12月 17, 2020
- Open Mainframe Project Welcomes New Project Tessia, HCL Technologies and Red Hat to its Ecosystem - 12月 17, 2020
- New Open Source Contributor Report from Linux Foundation and Harvard Identifies Motivations and Opportunities for Improving Software Security - 12月 8, 2020