This week in Linux news, The Linux Foundation launches the Civil Infrastructure Project (CIP), Skype for Linux users are disappointed, and more! Catch up on the latest in Linux news with our weekly digest.
1) The Linux Foundation launches a new Collaborative Project to help expand civil infrastructure.
2) Microsoft partners with R3 to further blockchain tools; Lead rival is IBM, using the Hyperledger Project.
3) Users complain that Skype for Linux is missing important features and lacks reliability.
4) Linus Torvalds comments on the ubiquity of Linux in embedded systems at Embedded Linux Conference/OpenIoT Summit.
Linux’s Torvalds surprised by IoT uptake– ReadWrite
5) Windows isn’t worried about destructive rm -rf / command.
- Dent Introduces Industry’s First End-to-End Networking Stack Designed for the Modern Distributed Enterprise Edge and Powered by Linux - 12月 17, 2020
- Open Mainframe Project Welcomes New Project Tessia, HCL Technologies and Red Hat to its Ecosystem - 12月 17, 2020
- New Open Source Contributor Report from Linux Foundation and Harvard Identifies Motivations and Opportunities for Improving Software Security - 12月 8, 2020