1) After six years, Sony has agreed to pay for its 2010 firmware update, which removed support for the Linux operating system in the PlayStation 3.
Sony Agrees to Pay Millions to Gamers to Settle PS3 Linux Debacle– Ars Technica
2) Belink, BitSE, INVeSHARE, MonetaGo, Moscow Exchange, Norbloc, & Onchain join the Hyperledger Project
The Hyperledger Blockchain Project Sees Seven New Members– Crypto Coin News
3) New project announcmeents at OPNFV Summit in Berlin this week.
OPNFV Project Scales up Network Functions Virtualization Ecosystem– ComputerWeekly.com
4) The way software companies are built is changing to match the software itself.
The Next Wave in Software is Open Adoption Software– TechCrunch
5) In the course of one year, Microsoft has seen customers use Linux in a third of its Azure machines, up from a fourth.
Microsoft: Nearly One in Three Azure Virtual Machines Now Are Running Linux– ZDNet
- Dent Introduces Industry’s First End-to-End Networking Stack Designed for the Modern Distributed Enterprise Edge and Powered by Linux - 12月 17, 2020
- Open Mainframe Project Welcomes New Project Tessia, HCL Technologies and Red Hat to its Ecosystem - 12月 17, 2020
- New Open Source Contributor Report from Linux Foundation and Harvard Identifies Motivations and Opportunities for Improving Software Security - 12月 8, 2020