1) Splice Machine’s decision to go open source reminds us that OSS is the new normal.
2) Bulgaria’s government now requires all software written for their use to be open source. Sam Dean weighs the pros and cons.
4) “Anything made by a human is vulnerable” writes Howard Soloman about industry misgivings over The Dao project, a blockchain effort.
5) Linux to be bumped to “a Web-based native version of Skype” due to a Skype rebuild.
Microsoft Kills P2P Skype, Native OS X, Linux Clients– The Register
- Dent Introduces Industry’s First End-to-End Networking Stack Designed for the Modern Distributed Enterprise Edge and Powered by Linux - 12/17/2020
- Open Mainframe Project Welcomes New Project Tessia, HCL Technologies and Red Hat to its Ecosystem - 12/17/2020
- New Open Source Contributor Report from Linux Foundation and Harvard Identifies Motivations and Opportunities for Improving Software Security - 12/08/2020