1) An overview of Linux’s history reveals circumstance, innovation, and cross-platform demand resulted in its massive success and legacy.
Linux Took Over the Web. Now, It’s Taking Over the World– WIRED
2) The 2016 Linux Kernel Development Report has been released and reveals profitability.
Another Day, Another 4,600 Lines of Linux Kernel Code– InfoWorld
3) “Just 7.7% of devs are unpaid—because Linux development is worth paying for.”
Linux turns 25, is Bigger and More Professional Than Ever– Ars Technica
4) At LinuxCon North America this week, Linux Foundation Executive Director Jim Zemlin looks back on 25 years of Linux.
How Linux Conquered the World Without Anyone Noticing– CIO
5) “Thanks to a multi-year tradition, it is rather easy to predict when an improved version of Linux is about to roll out.”
Happy Birthday, Linux! 25 Years Of Changing The World With Code, Growing Stronger Than Ever– TechTimes
- Dent Introduces Industry’s First End-to-End Networking Stack Designed for the Modern Distributed Enterprise Edge and Powered by Linux - 12月 17, 2020
- Open Mainframe Project Welcomes New Project Tessia, HCL Technologies and Red Hat to its Ecosystem - 12月 17, 2020
- New Open Source Contributor Report from Linux Foundation and Harvard Identifies Motivations and Opportunities for Improving Software Security - 12月 8, 2020