1) Microsoft’s PowerShell scripting language and command-line shell has been released as open source, meaning that Windows and Azure’s management tools will have a greater reach.
PowerShell is Microsoft’s latest open source release, coming to Linux, OS X– Ars Technica
2) Open source has come so far over the last few decades and perceptions of it have changed in the business world
What People Don’t Get About Open Source– Light Reading
3) Swapnil Bhartiya considers the new Google OSS announcement from this week.
Why Google’s New Linux-Less Fuchsia Operating System is a Huge Deal– CIO
4) The Linux Foundation has taken steps to mitigate Linux security flaw
1.4 Billion Android Devices Affected by Linux TCP Flaw– Softpedia
5) The Linux Foundation’s latest open source project is focused on the “architecture, implementation and support of digital networks.”
Linux Foundation Touts Open-Source PNDA for Network Analytics– Silicon Angle
- Dent Introduces Industry’s First End-to-End Networking Stack Designed for the Modern Distributed Enterprise Edge and Powered by Linux - 12/17/2020
- Open Mainframe Project Welcomes New Project Tessia, HCL Technologies and Red Hat to its Ecosystem - 12/17/2020
- New Open Source Contributor Report from Linux Foundation and Harvard Identifies Motivations and Opportunities for Improving Software Security - 12/08/2020