1) The White House released federal source code policy, requiring agencies to release 20% of new code they commission as open source.
2) A flaw in the Transmission Control Protocol poses a threat to Internet users, whether they use Linux directly or not.
3) New Trojan targets Linux servers and is exploiting servers running the Redis NoSQL database to use them for bitcoin mining.
4) “Will Microsoft’s acquisition of LinkedIn slow down the social networking company’s cadence of open-sourcing core technology for developers?”
5) Today’s CEOs increasingly have impressive technical backgrounds and open source is more valuable than ever.
2046 is the Last Year Your CEO Has a Business Major– VentureBeat
- Dent Introduces Industry’s First End-to-End Networking Stack Designed for the Modern Distributed Enterprise Edge and Powered by Linux - 12/17/2020
- Open Mainframe Project Welcomes New Project Tessia, HCL Technologies and Red Hat to its Ecosystem - 12/17/2020
- New Open Source Contributor Report from Linux Foundation and Harvard Identifies Motivations and Opportunities for Improving Software Security - 12/08/2020