This week in open source and Linux news, IBM’s CEO explains the importance of blockchain at SWIFT’s Sibos conference, and more! Get up to speed with this handy, weekly digest:
1) IBM CEO says blockchain initiatives, like The Linux Foundation’s Hyperledger Project, play a “key role” in the company’s revenue.
2) “The problem with open source standards aren’t that they’re boring; it’s that they’re largely the same as the proprietary standards that preceded them.” writes Matt Asay.
3) The Linux Foundation’s new OpenStack MOOC is offered for free via edX.
4) “The Linux Foundation’s OPNFV project claims its third platform release targets accelerating development of NFV apps and services.”
5) Linux Foundation sysadmin weighs in on why the system needs a “total rethink.”
- Dent Introduces Industry’s First End-to-End Networking Stack Designed for the Modern Distributed Enterprise Edge and Powered by Linux - 12月 17, 2020
- Open Mainframe Project Welcomes New Project Tessia, HCL Technologies and Red Hat to its Ecosystem - 12月 17, 2020
- New Open Source Contributor Report from Linux Foundation and Harvard Identifies Motivations and Opportunities for Improving Software Security - 12月 8, 2020