This week in Linux and OSS news, The Linux Foundation’s annual Guide to the Open Cloud lists top open source cloud projects and trends, no Dirty Cow bug patch for Android this month, and more! Stay informed and engaged in open source news with this weekly digest!
1) The Linux Foundation releases its 2016 Guide to the Open Cloud report.
2) Though Linux users got a fix for “Dirty Cow” Android users might not be so lucky.
3) Jeff Garzik, CEO and co-founder of Bloq, to join The Linux Foundation’s Board of Directors.
4) “More than 80 leading finance and technology organizations, including IBM, have joined The Linux Foundation Hyperledger, a project aimed at creating an enterprise-grade blockchain framework.”
How Blockchain Will Change Your Life– The Wall Street Journal
5) Munich, Germany is famous for rejecting Windows in favor of Microsoft but now faces proposals to make Windows 10 and Office available across the council.
- Dent Introduces Industry’s First End-to-End Networking Stack Designed for the Modern Distributed Enterprise Edge and Powered by Linux - 12/17/2020
- Open Mainframe Project Welcomes New Project Tessia, HCL Technologies and Red Hat to its Ecosystem - 12/17/2020
- New Open Source Contributor Report from Linux Foundation and Harvard Identifies Motivations and Opportunities for Improving Software Security - 12/08/2020