This week in Linux and OSS news, Steven J. Vaughn-Nichols explains why Linux is forcing Windows to up its gaming game, blockchain is especially important in the current sociopolitical climate, and more! Read on to keep on top of the most important tech stories.
1) Linux can take some credit for improving Windows gaming, writes Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols
2) The Depository Trust and Clearing Corporation to begin using The Linux Foundation’s Hyperledger Project.
3) It’s the “impact of blockchain on […] finance and business that’s fostering innovation and opportunities for her company and clients.”
Why IBM CEO Ginni Rometty Believes in Blockchain– brandchannel
4) A hacker has published an open source tool for helping admins strengthen their network security.
5) “Microsoft’s Windows Subsystem for Linux is evolving into a credible alternative to running Linux inside Windows on VMs.”
- Dent Introduces Industry’s First End-to-End Networking Stack Designed for the Modern Distributed Enterprise Edge and Powered by Linux - 12/17/2020
- Open Mainframe Project Welcomes New Project Tessia, HCL Technologies and Red Hat to its Ecosystem - 12/17/2020
- New Open Source Contributor Report from Linux Foundation and Harvard Identifies Motivations and Opportunities for Improving Software Security - 12/08/2020