This week in Linux and open source news, The Linux Foundation welcomes Sheryl Chamberlain as new Chief of Staff as the organization’s collection of projects continues to grow, genomic analysis software opens up & more! Read on for the latest in OSS news.
1) The Linux Foundation welcomes Sheryl Chamberlain as new Chief of Staff to oversee projects.
2) Broad’s new open source genomic analysis software features new tools and rebuilt architecture.
Broad Releases Open Source Version of Genomic Analysis Software– Health Data Management
3) The Linux Foundation’s General Manager of Networking & Orchestration, Arpit Joshipura, shares thoughts on how the network has come and where it needs to go.
4) Tech industry heavyweights release open platform for creating network of deployed services
5) “Post Unity, how will the transition to GNOME work?”
- Dent Introduces Industry’s First End-to-End Networking Stack Designed for the Modern Distributed Enterprise Edge and Powered by Linux - 12/17/2020
- Open Mainframe Project Welcomes New Project Tessia, HCL Technologies and Red Hat to its Ecosystem - 12/17/2020
- New Open Source Contributor Report from Linux Foundation and Harvard Identifies Motivations and Opportunities for Improving Software Security - 12/08/2020