This week in open source and Linux news, GitHub takes their Friday enthusiasm beyond casual Friday in creating a weekly “Open Source Day”, a new Linux Foundation Project was announced, and much more! Read on, stay open-source-informed.
1) GitHub encourages companies to devote time every Friday for their employees to work on open source projects.
GitHub Declares Every Friday Open Source Day– VentureBeat
2) New Linux Foundation Project focuses on centralizing security services orchestration for multi-cloud environments.
3) Linux Foundation Projects top list of open source networking projects
10 Most Important Open Source Networking Projects– NetworkWorld
4) “Dan Cauchy, Executive Director of Automotive Grade Linux explains how open source can be key to establishing future industry standards.”
5) Hackers have turned their attention towards attacking IoT devices running open-source operating systems.
Linux Malware Gaining Favor Among Cybercriminals– SCMagazine
- Dent Introduces Industry’s First End-to-End Networking Stack Designed for the Modern Distributed Enterprise Edge and Powered by Linux - 12/17/2020
- Open Mainframe Project Welcomes New Project Tessia, HCL Technologies and Red Hat to its Ecosystem - 12/17/2020
- New Open Source Contributor Report from Linux Foundation and Harvard Identifies Motivations and Opportunities for Improving Software Security - 12/08/2020