This week in Linux and open source headlines, ONAP leads the way in the automation trend, Mozilla launches new, open source speech recognition project, and more! Get up to speed with the handy Linux.com weekly digest!
1) With automation being one of the top virtualization trends of 2017, The Linux Foundation’s ONAP is credited with moving the industry forward
Top Five Virtualization Trends of 2017– RCRWireless
2) Mozilla has launched a new open source project speech recognition system that relies on online volunteers to submit voice samples and validate them.
3)In addition to membership growth, EdgeX Foundry has launched a series of technical training sessions to help developers get up to speed on the project.
4) Multicore Association announces availability of an enhanced implementation of its Multicore Task Management API (MTAPI.)
Open Source Tools Set to Help Parallel Programming of Multicores– ElectronicsWeekly.com
5) “OCI 1.0 will ensure consistency at the lowest levels of infrastructure, and push the container wars battlefront up the stack.”
- Dent Introduces Industry’s First End-to-End Networking Stack Designed for the Modern Distributed Enterprise Edge and Powered by Linux - 12/17/2020
- Open Mainframe Project Welcomes New Project Tessia, HCL Technologies and Red Hat to its Ecosystem - 12/17/2020
- New Open Source Contributor Report from Linux Foundation and Harvard Identifies Motivations and Opportunities for Improving Software Security - 12/08/2020