This week in open source news, AGL reveals new infotainment platform, mainstream enterprises derive the most benefit from OSS, and more! Read on to stay on top of the latest open source news.
1) Automotive Grade Linux (AGL) recently revealed the latest infotainment platform along with a new Virtualization Expert Group (EG-VIRT) to develop a virtualized architecture.
Linux Foundation Focuses on Bringing Virtualization to Your Car– RCRWireless News
2) “Combing through the last few quarters of earnings transcripts, it’s clear that open source has arrived…but to very different destinations, depending on the company.”
Open Source is Driving Digital Transformation, According to Mainstream Businesses– Tech Republic
3) Amazon Web Services joined the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF), (open source home of the Kubernetes project,) as a Platinum Member.
AWS joins the Cloud Native Computing Foundation– TechCrunch
4) “On August 24 and 25, the Ubuntu Desktop team will be holding a “Fit and Finish Sprint,” where they will aggressively test GNOME.”
Canonical Needs Your Help Transitioning Ubuntu Linux From Unity to GNOME– BetaNews
5) The VoltaStream Zero (an open source integrated audio module in the same form as a Raspberry Pi Zero) has launched.
Raspberry Pi Zero Clone: This Open Source Board Offers Chromecast-Quality Sound– ZDNet
- Dent Introduces Industry’s First End-to-End Networking Stack Designed for the Modern Distributed Enterprise Edge and Powered by Linux - 12月 17, 2020
- Open Mainframe Project Welcomes New Project Tessia, HCL Technologies and Red Hat to its Ecosystem - 12月 17, 2020
- New Open Source Contributor Report from Linux Foundation and Harvard Identifies Motivations and Opportunities for Improving Software Security - 12月 8, 2020