Artificial Intelligence (AI) has quickly evolved over the past few years and is changing the way we interact with the world around us. From digital assistants, to AI apps interpreting MRIs and operating self-driving cars, there has been significant momentum and interest in the potential for machine learning technologies applied to AI.
The Acumos AI Challenge, presented by AT&T and Tech Mahindra, is an open source developer competition seeking innovative, ground-breaking AI solutions from students, developers, and data scientists. We are awarding over $100,000 in prizes, including the chance for finalists to travel to San Francisco to pitch their solutions during the finals on September 11, 2018. Finalists will also have the chance to have their solutions featured in the Acumos Marketplace, exposure, and meetings with AT&T and Tech Mahindra executives.
Acumos AI is a platform and open source framework that makes it easy to build, share, and deploy AI applications. The Acumos AI platform, hosted by The Linux Foundation, simplifies development and provides a marketplace for accessing, using and enhancing AI apps.
We created the Acumos AI Challenge to enable and accelerate AI adoption and innovation, while recognizing developers who are paving the future of AI development. The Acumos AI Challenge seeks innovative AI models across all use cases. Some example use cases include, but are not limited to:
5G & SDN
Build an AI app that improves the overall performance and efficiencies of 5G networks and Software-Defined Networking.
Media & Entertainment
Build an AI model targeting a media or entertainment use case. Examples include solutions for:
- Broadcast media, internet, film, social media, and ad campaign analysis
- Video and image recognition, speech and sound recognition, video insight tools, etc.
Build an AI app around network security use cases such as advanced threat protection, cyber security, IoT security, and more.
Build an AI model targeting an enterprise use case, including solutions for Automotive, Home Automation, Infrastructure, and IoT.
Since it is so easy to onboard new models into Acumos, there are nearly an infinite number of use cases to consider that can benefit consumers and businesses across a multitude of disciplines. When submitting your entry, we encourage you to consider all scenarios that you are passionate about.
The Acumos AI Challenge will be accepting submissions between May 31 – August 5, 2018. Teams are required to submit a working AI model, test dataset, and a demo video under 3 minutes. Register your team for the Challenge beginning May 31, 2018. We encourage you to register early so that you can begin to plan and build your solution and create your demo video.
Register today and submit your AI solution for a chance to be one of the top three teams to pitch their app at the Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco on September 11, 2018. The top three teams will each receive:
- $25,000 Cash
- Trip to the finals in San Francisco, including air and hotel (for two team members)
- Meetings with AT&T and Tech Mahindra executives
- AI Solution featured in Acumos Marketplace
The team that wins the finale will take home an additional $25,000 grand prize, for a total of $50,000.
We look forward to your entry and hope to see you in San Francisco in September!
- Dent Introduces Industry’s First End-to-End Networking Stack Designed for the Modern Distributed Enterprise Edge and Powered by Linux - 12/17/2020
- Open Mainframe Project Welcomes New Project Tessia, HCL Technologies and Red Hat to its Ecosystem - 12/17/2020
- New Open Source Contributor Report from Linux Foundation and Harvard Identifies Motivations and Opportunities for Improving Software Security - 12/08/2020