SAN FRANCISCO, CA–(Marketwired – September 02, 2016) – Attendees of the Cloud Foundry Summit in Silicon Valley this past May described Cloud Foundry as a mature, comprehensive and cohesive platform with a strong, active and engaged community.
“One of the many things we love about our community is how open it is — to new technologies, new ideas, and new approaches. Our recent Silicon Valley Summit is a great example,” said Sam Ramji, CEO of Cloud Foundry Foundation. “This survey includes many first-time event participants from Global 200 enterprises to smaller organizations — all educating themselves on Cloud Foundry. These findings indicate a rapid shift to digital transformation via Cloud Foundry.”
Cloud Foundry has been developed through the collective effort of EMC, HPE, IBM, Pivotal, SAP and worldwide leaders in manufacturing, telecommunications and financial services. Only Cloud Foundry delivers the velocity needed to develop apps at the speed of business. Cloud Foundry’s container-based architecture runs apps in any language on any cloud-Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Compute Platform (GCP), IBM SoftLayer, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack, VMware vSphere, and more. With a robust services ecosystem and simple integration to existing technologies, Cloud Foundry is the modern standard for mission critical apps for global enterprises.
The survey’s highlights include:
- Large companies gravitate to Cloud Foundry because:
- It is a mature, solid platform
- It is a holistic solution
- It has a great community
- It can seem difficult and/or complex to deploy
- Other possible solutions:
- Kubernetes (although most choose to deploy both technologies)
- AWS (due to “simplicity”)
- A combination of other products — or DIY solutions.
Download the full report including the survey results by visiting: https://www.cloudfoundry.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/CFS_SurveyReport_072916-.pdf
About Cloud Foundry Foundation
The Cloud Foundry Foundation is an independent nonprofit organization formed to sustain the development, promotion and adoption of Cloud Foundry as the industry standard multi-cloud platform. Cloud Foundry makes it faster and easier to build, test, deploy and scale applications. Cloud Foundry is an Apache 2.0 licensed project available on Github: https://github.com/cloudfoundry. To learn more, visit:http://www.cloudfoundry.org.
- Dent Introduces Industry’s First End-to-End Networking Stack Designed for the Modern Distributed Enterprise Edge and Powered by Linux - 12月 17, 2020
- Open Mainframe Project Welcomes New Project Tessia, HCL Technologies and Red Hat to its Ecosystem - 12月 17, 2020
- New Open Source Contributor Report from Linux Foundation and Harvard Identifies Motivations and Opportunities for Improving Software Security - 12月 8, 2020