Free Linux Foundation Publication – “Free and Open Source Software Compliance: The Basics You Must Know” by Ibrahim Haddad (Ph.D.), The Linux Foundation
This white paper is a first in a series that will focus on the various practical aspects of ensuring free and open source software compliance in the enterprise. This paper provides basic discussion on the following topics:
- The changing business environment moving to a multi-source development model
- The objectives of compliance and the benefits resulting from having a successful compliance program
- The consequences of non-compliance with the licenses of free and open source software
- The compliance failures that can occur, how to avoid them and prevent them from happening in the future
- The lessons learned from the various non-compliance cases with emphasis on the positive learnings
Download: Free and Open Source Software Compliance: The Basics You Must Know.
About the Author (Ibrahim Haddad, Ph.D.)
Ibrahim Haddad is Director of Technology and Alliances at the Linux Foundation focusing on Mobile Linux initiatives and advancing the Linux platform for next-generation mobile computing devices.
Latest posts by The Linux Foundation (see all)
- Dent Introduces Industry’s First End-to-End Networking Stack Designed for the Modern Distributed Enterprise Edge and Powered by Linux - 12月 17, 2020
- Open Mainframe Project Welcomes New Project Tessia, HCL Technologies and Red Hat to its Ecosystem - 12月 17, 2020
- New Open Source Contributor Report from Linux Foundation and Harvard Identifies Motivations and Opportunities for Improving Software Security - 12月 8, 2020