Provider of Interactive Teaching Solutions Joins Linux Foundation
mimio® embraces Linux as an important and affordable platform for interactive teaching technologies
SAN FRANCISCO June 9, 2009 – The Linux Foundation (LF), a nonprofit organization dedicated to accelerating the growth of Linux, announced today that mimio® has become the newest member of the Linux Foundation.
mimio, a leading provider of interactive teaching solutions, recognizes the increasing importance of Linux within educational communities worldwide, as well as the benefits of deploying Linux as a means of lowering per-student IT costs. As one of the first interactive teaching technologies to support the Linux operating system, mimio supports both Linux device driver and cross-platform capabilities, making it the only interactive teaching solution available in Linux.
“The Linux Foundation is a driving force behind the development of global open platform solutions. We are proud to partner with them to provide more solutions to meet the needs of the education community,” said Manny Perez, director of engineering.
As the newest member of the Linux Foundation, mimio will use popular tools such as the “App Checker” to ease code development as it makes Linux applications more portable than ever before.
mimio is one of the most portable and affordable interactive teaching solutions available today and continues to expand its solutions to assist and connect teachers. mimio will continue that expansion with its launch of a Linux version of mimio Studio 6 software for interactive whiteboards and a teacher community portal next month. By working with the Linux Foundation and its members, the mimio community website will be an even greater asset to teachers who can collaborate and trade ideas and interactive lesson plans for their classrooms.
“Community collaboration is the heartbeat of Linux, and it is encouraging to see teachers around the world using mimio and Linux to advance education,” said Amanda McPherson, vice president of marketing and developer programs at the Linux Foundation. “We welcome mimio to the Linux Foundation and look forward to working with them to support Linux in the classroom.”
As a member of the Linux Foundation, mimio will also be invited to take part in popular Linux Foundation events, such as the upcoming LinuxCon to be held September 21 – 23 in Portland, Oregon.
mimio is a leading provider of interactive teaching solutions that enable teachers, trainers, presenters, and collaborative teams to capture, manage, share and interactively create and present information and ideas. mimio® products have won more than 25 industry awards and are used in classrooms, offices, and conference rooms around the world. Most recently, mimio was awarded the “Best in Tech” award from Scholastic Education for 2009. Part of Newell Rubbermaid’s innovative global technology brands, these solutions enable businesses, educational institutions, and consumers to more efficiently capture, share, manage and organize information.
About Newell Rubbermaid Technology Global Business Solutions
In a world that demands greater productivity and measures it at every opportunity, Newell Rubbermaid’s global technology solutions provide businesses, educational institutions, and consumers with innovative and easy ways to share, manage and organize information with improved efficiency and satisfaction. Our global technology brands are organized into four solutions:
• DYMO® Printing and Labeling Solutions are comprised of DYMO label makers and label printers, postage printing and CD/DVD printing solutions (www.dymo.com).
• CardScan® Contact Management Solutions are comprised of CardScan business card scanners and contact management software featuring CardScan At Your Service™ (www.cardscan.com), and DYMO File™ software for document scanning into digital files (www.dymofile.com).
• Endicia® Internet Postage Solutions are comprised of Endicia online shipping and mailing solutions (www.endicia.com) as well as customized postage solutions (www.pictureitpostage.com).
• mimio® Interactive Teaching Solutions are comprised of mimio interactive whiteboard technology, digital ink recorders and student response systems (www.mimio.com).
These global technology brands complement the growing family of leading Newell Rubbermaid brands including Calphalon®, EXPO®, Goody®, Graco®, Irwin®, Lenox®, Paper Mate®, Parker®, Rolodex®, Rubbermaid®, Sharpie® and Waterman®.
About the Linux Foundation
The Linux Foundation is a nonprofit consortium dedicated to fostering the growth of Linux. Founded in 2007, the Linux Foundation sponsors the work of Linux creator Linus Torvalds and is supported by leading Linux and open source companies and developers from around the world. The Linux Foundation promotes, protects and standardizes Linux by providing resources and services that include exclusive events and online collaboration, including LinuxCon and Linux.com. For more information, please visit the Foundation website.
Trademarks: The Linux Foundation and Linux Standard Base are trademarks of The Linux Foundation. Linux is a trademark of Linus Torvalds.
- Dent Introduces Industry’s First End-to-End Networking Stack Designed for the Modern Distributed Enterprise Edge and Powered by Linux - 12月 17, 2020
- Open Mainframe Project Welcomes New Project Tessia, HCL Technologies and Red Hat to its Ecosystem - 12月 17, 2020
- New Open Source Contributor Report from Linux Foundation and Harvard Identifies Motivations and Opportunities for Improving Software Security - 12月 8, 2020