SAN FRANCISCO, CA–(Marketwired – August 18, 2016) – Hyperledger Project, a collaborative cross-industry effort created to advance blockchain technology, announced today it will be a sponsor of Sibos 2016. The conference will be held on September 26-29 at PALEXPO in Geneva, Switzerland. Hyperledger Project will be at booth #C90 in the expo center.
Hyperledger Project’s mission is to create an enterprise grade, open source distributed ledger technology that enables organizations to build and run robust, industry-specific applications, platforms and hardware systems to support their individual business transactions.
“We’re thrilled to have a presence at a well recognized event like Sibos,” said Brian Behlendorf, Executive Director of Hyperledger Project. “As the world’s premier event for financial services, we’re looking forward to discussing open source distributed ledger technology and its potential to transform the industry with leading companies and experts.”
Hyperledger will sponsor the Sibos Innotribe Networking event on the evening of Wednesday, September 28, which will include opening remarks from Behlendorf and video demos of the technology. Additional speaking engagements will include:
- On Monday, September 26, Behlendorf will speak on the “Blockchain 2020 – What is Next for Adoption by the Financial Industry” panel designed to help attendees understand the technical and business impediments holding back the adoption of distributed ledger and blockchain technology and what needs to be done for it to have a transformative impact on the financial industry.
- On Tuesday, September 27, Behlendorf will join “Business Standards in the DLT Stack,” a session that will explore the place of standards in the “stacks” of potentially-disruptive technology-led initiatives, such as distributed ledger, using real-world experience as well as “what-if” theory.
- On Thursday, September 29, Behlendorf will join “Forward Compatibility,” a session focused on industry disruption and how to plan ahead for gradual adoption by an ecosystem.
Hyperledger Project will also be involved in two SWIFT Labs sessions “Discover R&D@SWIFT: Distributed Ledger Technology during the event.
Sibos brings together thousands of business leaders, decision makers and experts from a range of financial institutions, market infrastructures, multinational corporations and technology partners to discuss business strategy and collectively shape the future of the financial industry.
- Learn more about Hyperledger Project and its member companies
- Register for Sibos 2016
- Follow Hyperledger Project on Twitter or Like us on Facebook
- Follow Hyperledger Project on LinkedIn to stay up to date on news
About Hyperledger Project
The Hyperledger project is an open source collaborative effort created to advance blockchain technology by addressing important features for a cross-industry open standard for distributed ledgers. It is a global collaboration including leaders in finance, banking, Internet of Things, supply chains, manufacturing and Technology. The Linux Foundation hosts Hyperledger Project as a Collaborative Project under the foundation. To learn more, visit: https://www.hyperledger.org/.
- Dent Introduces Industry’s First End-to-End Networking Stack Designed for the Modern Distributed Enterprise Edge and Powered by Linux - 12/17/2020
- Open Mainframe Project Welcomes New Project Tessia, HCL Technologies and Red Hat to its Ecosystem - 12/17/2020
- New Open Source Contributor Report from Linux Foundation and Harvard Identifies Motivations and Opportunities for Improving Software Security - 12/08/2020