SAN FRANCISCO – October 5, 2017 – The Linux Foundation, the nonprofit organization enabling mass innovation through open source, announced that 15 new organizations have joined the Foundation as Silver members. Linux Foundation members help support development of the greatest shared technology resources in history, while accelerating their own innovation through open source leadership and participation.
“This diverse group of new Linux Foundation members demonstrates the variety of organizations and industries involved in the open source movement,” said Jim Zemlin, executive director, The Linux Foundation. “We welcome all these organizations to The Linux Foundation and our projects, and look forward to the spirit of collaboration and innovation they bring.”
In addition to joining the Foundation, many of these new members have joined Linux Foundation projects such as Automotive Grade Linux (AGL), Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF), EdgeX Foundry, Hyperledger Project, Open Mainframe Project and Open Network Automation Platform (ONAP). For a full list of members, visit https://www.linuxfoundation.org/members/corporate.
New members include:
- 99Cloud is the largest OpenStack community in China and China’s largest professional OpenStack training institution.
- American International Group (AIG) is a worldwide property-casualty, life and retirement, and general insurance operation.
- Aqua Security enables enterprises to secure their container-based applications from development to production, accelerating container adoption and bridging the gap between DevOps and IT security.
- Dynamic Coin is an open sourced, fully decentralized, peer-to-peer (P2P) currency.
- Dynatrace is the only digital performance management provider offering AI-powered, full stack, automated monitoring for today’s hypercomplex, webscale IT environments.
- Fiberhome Technologies Group is a leading equipment vendor and global solution provider the field of information technology and telecommunications.
- GameCredits is a universal currency and virtual wallet for 2.6 billion gamers worldwide.
- Gigaspaces provides a leading in-memory computing platform for fast data analytics and extreme transaction processing.
- Huizhou Desay SV Automotive is committed to the research, development and manufacturing of in-vehicle infotainment systems, climate control, driver information display systems, automotive display modules/systems, body control modules and advanced driver assistance systems.
- iconectiv solutions enable the interconnection of networks, devices, and applications for more than two billion people every day.
- LogDNA is a cloud-based log management system that allows engineering and DevOps to aggregate all system and application logs into one efficient platform.
- NGINX – the engine delivering sites and applications for the modern web – helps companies deliver with performance, reliability, security and scale.
- Openet is a company created to work on complex technology spaces, and to innovate that technical capability into business success.
- The Patientory Foundation’s purpose is promoting and developing new technologies and applications, especially in the fields of new open and decentralized software architectures.
- Trend Micro is a leader in hybrid cloud, endpoint, and network security solutions.
With the support of its members, The Linux Foundation hosts open source projects across technologies including networking, security, cloud, blockchain and more. This collaborative development model is helping technology advance at a rapid pace in a way that benefits individuals and organizations around the world.
About The Linux Foundation
The Linux Foundation is the organization of choice for the world’s top developers and companies to build ecosystems that accelerate open technology development and commercial adoption. Together with the worldwide open source community, it is solving the hardest technology problems by creating the largest shared technology investment in history. Founded in 2000, The Linux Foundation today provides tools, training and events to scale any open source project, which together deliver an economic impact not achievable by any one company. More information can be found at www.linuxfoundation.org.
# # #
The Linux Foundation has registered trademarks and uses trademarks. For a list of trademarks of The Linux Foundation, please see our trademark usage page: https://www.linuxfoundation.org/trademark-usage. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.
- Dent Introduces Industry’s First End-to-End Networking Stack Designed for the Modern Distributed Enterprise Edge and Powered by Linux - 12月 17, 2020
- Open Mainframe Project Welcomes New Project Tessia, HCL Technologies and Red Hat to its Ecosystem - 12月 17, 2020
- New Open Source Contributor Report from Linux Foundation and Harvard Identifies Motivations and Opportunities for Improving Software Security - 12月 8, 2020