Premier open networking event expands outside North America for the first time; speaking proposals due June 24
SAN FRANCISCO, June 21, 2018 – The Linux Foundation, the nonprofit organization enabling mass innovation through open source, today announced the keynote speakers for Open Networking Summit Europe, taking place September 25-27 in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Open Networking Summit (ONS) is the industry’s premier open networking event, gathering enterprises, service providers and cloud providers across the ecosystem to share learnings, highlight innovation and discuss the future of Open Source Networking, including SDN, NFV, orchestration and the automation of cloud, network and IoT services. After seven successful years in North America, ONS is expanding to Europe to provide the opportunity for more individuals to share, learn and collaborate on these important technologies.
- Dr. Paul Doany, CEO, Türk Telecom, talking about redefining the competitive landscape
- Dr. Catherine Mulligan, Co-Director, Centre for Cryptocurrency Research and Engineering, Imperial College London, discussing the intersection of networking and blockchain
- Virtualizing the Central Office for Mobile Services: A collaboration and demo across companies – including China Mobile, Cumulus, Ettus Research, EXFO, F5 Networks, NetScout, Nokia, Quortus, Red Hat – and multiple open source projects including OpenAirInterface, Open Compute Project, OpenDaylight, and OPNFV.
Speaking proposals are being accepted through Sunday, June 24. The full schedule of sessions will be announced in late July.
Registration is $995 through August 4. Additional academic, non-profit and group discounts are available as well; details are available on the event registration page. Members of The Linux Foundation and Linux Foundation Projects are eligible for a 20% discount; contact email@example.com to request a discount code. Applications for diversity and needs-based scholarships are currently being accepted. For information on eligibility and how to apply, please click here.
The Linux Foundation events are where the world’s leading technologists meet, collaborate, learn and network in order to advance innovations that support the world’s largest shared technologies.
Members of the press who would like to request a press pass to attend should contact Dan Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open Networking Summit Europe is made possible thanks to Diamond Sponsor Intel, Platinum Sponsor Huawei and Gold Sponsor Cloud Native Computing Foundation.
YouTube: Why Attend Linux Foundation Events (https://youtu.be/X_rLxfmLlYY)
Open Networking Summit North America 2018 Event Recap (https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/open-networking-summit-north-america-2018/)
About The Linux Foundation
The Linux Foundation is the organization of choice for the world’s top developers and companies to build ecosystems that accelerate open technology development and industry adoption. Together with the worldwide open source community, it is solving the hardest technology problems by creating the largest shared technology investment in history. Founded in 2000, The Linux Foundation today provides tools, training and events to scale any open source project, which together deliver an economic impact not achievable by any one company. More information can be found at www.linuxfoundation.org.
The Linux Foundation has registered trademarks and uses trademarks. For a list of trademarks of The Linux Foundation, please see our trademark usage page: https://www.linuxfoundation.org/trademark-usage.
Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.
# # #
- Dent Introduces Industry’s First End-to-End Networking Stack Designed for the Modern Distributed Enterprise Edge and Powered by Linux - 12/17/2020
- Open Mainframe Project Welcomes New Project Tessia, HCL Technologies and Red Hat to its Ecosystem - 12/17/2020
- New Open Source Contributor Report from Linux Foundation and Harvard Identifies Motivations and Opportunities for Improving Software Security - 12/08/2020