Premier open source event showcases existing and emerging technologies across the tech sector and brings together open source and community visionaries in Lyon, France
SAN FRANCISCO, July 30, 2019 – The Linux Foundation today announced the keynote speakers for its Open Source Summit Europe (OSSEU), the leading conference for open source developers, architects and other technologists and a hotbed for emerging technologies, and Embedded Linux Conference Europe. The event takes place October 28-30 in Lyon, France.
Open source software and technologies are a leading indicator of where companies are investing resources for technology development. By bringing the latest open source projects and leading technologists together in one place, the event becomes a forum for defining and advancing technology development in the years ahead.
Confirmed keynote speakers include:
- Deborah Boyer, Project Manager, Civic Applications Team, Azavea
- Rumman Chowdhury, Global Lead for Responsible AI, Accenture
- Oliver Fink, Director, HERE XYZ, HERE Technologies and Urban Computing Foundation TAC Member
- Rahaf Harfoush, Strategist, Digital Anthropologist, and Best-Selling Author
- Dirk Hohndel, Vice President, Chief Open Source Officer, VMware
- Greg Kroah-Hartman, Kernel Developer, Fellow, The Linux Foundation and Linux Kernel Maintainer
- Priyanka Sharma, Director of Technical Evangelism, GitLab and Cloud Native Computing Foundation Board Member
- Katie Shaw, Stakeholder Manager, Open Apparel Registry
- Imad Sousou, Corporate Vice President, General Manager, System Software Products, Intel Corporation
- Linus Torvalds, Fellow, The Linux Foundation and creator of Linux and Git
- Yvonne Wassenaar, Chief Executive Officer, Puppet
“Open Source Summit Europe has garnered a reputation for hosting one of the world’s largest regional open source communities and showcasing technologies in their infancy that evolve to become the fabric of our lives,” said Jim Zemlin, executive director at The Linux Foundation. “The keynote lineup really represents this focus and will offer some leading indicators for where to apply resources in the months ahead.”
Open Source Summit Europe is made possible by Diamond Sponsor Intel, Platinum Sponsors Cloud Native Computing Foundation and IBM, and Gold Sponsors Civil Infrastructure Platform, Codethink, Nutanix, Red Hat and VMware.
Discounted registration of $800 is available through August 15. Students and academics, as well as hobbyists, are also eligible for special rates. Diversity and need-based scholarships are available. Members of the media can contact Andi Lustak (email@example.com) for complimentary press passes.
The Linux Foundation Event Experience (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WUeelICQ2U)
About the Linux Foundation
Founded in 2000, the Linux Foundation is supported by more than 1,000 members and is the world’s leading home for collaboration on open source software, open standards, open data, and open hardware. Linux Foundation projects like Linux, Kubernetes, Node.js and more are considered critical to the development of the world’s most important infrastructure. Its development methodology leverages established best practices and addresses the needs of contributors, users and solution providers to create sustainable models for open collaboration. For more information, please visit us at linuxfoundation.org.
The Linux Foundation has registered trademarks and uses trademarks. For a list of trademarks of The Linux Foundation, please see our trademark usage page: https://www.linuxfoundation.org/trademark-usage. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.
- Dent Introduces Industry’s First End-to-End Networking Stack Designed for the Modern Distributed Enterprise Edge and Powered by Linux - 12月 17, 2020
- Open Mainframe Project Welcomes New Project Tessia, HCL Technologies and Red Hat to its Ecosystem - 12月 17, 2020
- New Open Source Contributor Report from Linux Foundation and Harvard Identifies Motivations and Opportunities for Improving Software Security - 12月 8, 2020