Thursday, May 31, 2018 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time
Blockchain, the distributed ledger technology (DLT) underlying bitcoin, is far more valuable than the currency it supports. As enterprises start to put distributed ledger technology into practice, it’s important to understand the security implications. We’ll look at public vs. private blockchains and lessons learned for enterprises moving to DLTs. We will walk through real life deployments of Blockchain solutions and discuss how Blockchain can both enhance security but also when built into traditional solutions requires traditional security measures. This talk will leave you with understanding how Blockchain does, and does not, change the security requirements for your enterprise. Then we’ll talk about Hyperledger’s new Bug Bounty program. Join us!
In this session you will:
- Learn that Blockchain is a tool, not a solution; we will define specific use cases
- Walk away with an understanding of private vs permissioned blockchains
- Develop a better understanding of the flexibility, security and regulations that will need to be met
- Get details on the Hyperledger Bug Bounty Program
Tuesday, June 12, 2018 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time
Decentralized identity is exploding as a topic. It can be hard to make sense of all the initiatives and technologies. However, a few deep themes are emerging as foundational elements, no matter which details are true of your favorite approach. This webinar will distill the topic down to certain fundamentals, show how they manifest differently in various approaches, and discuss where the community is likely to coalesce or diverge.
In particular we’ll discuss the following questions:
- What makes decentralized identity different from alternative approaches?
- What are its unique challenges and strengths?
- What are key features of a decentralized identity ecosystem?
- Where is there variety and similarity in approaches to decentralized identity?
- How does Hyperledger Indy tackle the decentralized identity landscape?
Tuesday, July 10, 2018 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time
By now your company has (hopefully!) prepared for the GDPR, the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation. Rather than speak broadly about all aspects of general compliance with the GDPR, this webinar will instead look at specific ways that we see the GDPR interacting with open source development models and with new technologies.
In this session we will discuss how the GDPR relates to:
- Source code management systems in open source projects
- Blockchain and distributed ledgers
- Data collaboration communities
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning
Interested in participating in an upcoming webinar but have a schedule conflict? You can still register for it, but if you are unable to make it we’ll send you a link to the recording straight to your inbox.
All of our past webinars are available on demand so you can stay up on the latest conversations in open source at your convenience. Once you’ve registered on our webinar portal, you can simply enter your email on subsequent visits to access and watch all of our on-demand webinar content.